First of all, I was supposed to do an update every month as per the initial resolutions. But this is coming after 2-3 months. Because after some time I felt that too many updates may make less sense as there is more data to go through.
Total number of days- 96
Number of days where I completed 2.5 hrs of writing- 42
number of days where I didn’t write anything- 35
Number of days where I wrote for more than 3 hrs- 4
Number of networking mails/calls/sms supposed to be sent- 25
Number of networking mails/calls/sms sent- 15
Number of targets set- 10
Number of targets completed within stipulated time- 4
The alarming number among these is the number of days where I didn’t write anything. Well, there has been some unexpected developments at work and home because of which those days happened. But if I had really put my mind into it, I could have written at least one hour on those days.
Networking may appear to have fallen short of the target, but actually there was some initial procrastination and ‘finding my way to do it’ involved. Now things are on track. Target setting is doing fine. Believe me, I was even worse than this. Now I have a 40% success rate.
The new idea I have come up with for the last 3 months is learning the art of narration of a story. I should sit in front of the mirror and practice. May be I should videotape my own narrations (which then would be safeguarded in the strongest lockers known to mankind for avoiding unwanted embarrassments). Let us see.
Photo by Lawrence Whittemore